6/3/09

Murakami's new book 1Q84 was released in Japan a few days ago. It's somewhere around 1000 pages. I hope it's translated into English. I don't see why it wouldn't be.

About two years ago I met Robert Venditti who wrote the comic 'The Surrogates' -the comic is well written and worth your time- and now it's being made or is almost finished being made into a movie starring Bruce Willis. I'm not sold on the movie yet, but I'll probably check it out, and I wish/ hope the best for it. When I talked to Venditti it was mentioned that he wasn't making much money, or that comic book writing wasn't very lucrative, well I guess that's changed, at least for him.

I watched 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' the other day, it was alright. The dual narrative removed me from the part of the story I cared about.

Before that I watched 'El Topo,' which was better.

Then I watched 'Lost Highway.' Gary Busey. Richard Pryor.

No comments: